Monday, June 13, 2011

Milwaukee My Hometown

Original Painting - Acrylic on canvas 16x20


Available from the artist for $950.00


I was born and raised in Milwaukee and began my art career in this great city by a great lake! As a teenager I was awarded scholarships to the Saturday Art Program at the Milwaukee Art Museum. Some of the best and most talented student artists in the city were given an opportunity to create art with professional materials and study with top notch art instructors, like Eugene Mecikalski and Ralph Cieslik, every week. We were also given free reign of the art museum and its world class collection of art to study, discuss, inspire and enjoy. I knew my way around the art museum like my own room. What an opportunity for a young artist to have! But the best part was meeting other kids that loved art as much as I did. Keith Halonen was one of them. You can view his website at http://keithhalonen.com/artist.htm , check his Biography.



To my knowledge there has never been a program like it before or since and I'll always be grateful to my city for a chance to be part of it during my "wonder years". Thank you Milwaukee!