Wednesday, May 14, 2014

One Stormy Night

Original Painting - Acrylic on canvas 16x12
I have always loved a good thunderstorm!



This painting was inspired by the album cover of “One Stormy Night” which shows the blurry image of a man and woman seen through a rain drenched window glass. The first Mystic Moods Orchestra album "One Stormy Night" was released in 1965. This record sets storm and rain noises against easy-listening orchestral sounds. I purchased the album and often played it during real thunderstorms as I sat on our enclosed porch with my family and watched and listened to the rain beating on the roof and pouring down outside our windows.


This painting features my beautiful grand daughter, Callie Tuchel. She is an emerging artist herself and she posed for me. Naturally this painting is not for sale and is part of the family collection but open addition prints are available